A letter from the Grave





Husen Latif is an  Iraqi kurdish poet and critic. He has two poetry collection published, a literary critical book and wrote  many other  literary articles. War is the main theme dealt with in his poems. 



A letter from the Grave

I grew up because of you
I became a worker because of you
I worked and the city became bigger
And when I said I love you,
you said: No!

I loved the city because of you
I became soldier because of you
I went to war only because of you
And when the news shown up, you turned off the TV

Now i am under ground
It's cold as your feelings
It's tight as my mother's heart
Would the soldiers of the other side kill me if they knew this story?
Under a blue sky, think about the answer of this question.

Husen Latif
Translated by:Vienna Salam

Comments